The UQ Sport Academy has been working with Ski Racing Australia athletes Grant Turner and Ben Gully since 2010.
Both of these athletes have made tremendous gains over the past two years which culminated in Grant Turner winning the Men’s 2011 Formula 2 World Championship in Moreton Bay last September.
- Grant Turner 1st in Grafton Bridge to bridge
- Grant Turner 1st in southern 80
- Ben Gully 1st in Cairns to Cooktown ski classic
- Ben Gully 6th Catalina ski race (USA)
- Grant turner men’s formula 2 world champion
- Grant turner 2nd in Sydney bridge to bridge
- Grant Turner 4th in Catalina ski race (USA)
- Ben Gully 5th in Catalina ski race (USA)
I contacted the UQSA because I needed to develop greater endurance to assist me in my races. My conditioning wasn’t great and I needed some help. Vince Kelly at the UQ Sport Academy has been fantastic in developing innovative and challenging conditioning programs. He has pushed me hard and helped me improve my level of conditioning tremendously. This has helped me achieve my goal of becoming the World Champion.
Grant Turner -Ski racing world champion